Established in 2006, Broadsword is a growing event communications agency. Our clients are large, well-known companies and with a portfolio of in person, hybrid and virtual global event experiences, video production and content creation, we are a fantastic company for an experienced, enthusiastic and high achieving Event Manager Manager to develop their career and join our close knit team.
As an Event Manager at Broadsword, you will take the lead on a selection of multi-faceted events from concept to completion, through a range of digital and physical event platforms. You’ll be responsible for the successful delivery of your allocated events to meet the objectives of our clients, monitoring project milestones and budgets and coordinating project teams and external contractors, ensuring successful delivery is maintained to the satisfaction of the client.
You will be based at home with travel to client offices and on-site as required.
Please note that this is a 12 month maternity cover contract.
• Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships
• Liaise with clients to find out their exact event requirements
• Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
• Work closely with the client on the event content, plan, structure and message
• Attend site visits in an advisory role to discuss and develop logistical solutions for the client brief
• Timeline management
• Research venues, suppliers and contractors, book, manage and coordinate solutions via 3rd parties
• Budget management – understand priorities around the financial success of a project and demonstrate the ability to develop an overall budget, negotiate contracts, analyse financial data and make commercial decisions to protect profitability
• Oversee the entire pre-event process and ensure the brief and proposal is delivered, project objectives and customer expectations are met
• Primary point of contact for the client, answering questions and resolving issues that arise over the course of the event
• Manage the assessment of health and safety requirements and creation of risk assessments and method statements
• On site coordination, including venue liaison and overseeing 3rd parties to ensure that the event goes smoothly and quickly and respond to client issues
• Post event completion of costs, invoicing and all related paperwork
• Know and implement Broadsword best practices and serve as a champion for the Broadsword ‘Way’
• Establish and utilise strong working relationships with others, be adaptive in style of communication to yield the best outcome
• Ensure the project team is correctly resourced, managing freelance staff as required
Organisational skills and attention to detail
Communication and interpersonal skills
Negotiation skills when looking for the best price from venues, suppliers and contractors
Time-management skills and the ability to work under pressure to ensure the efficient running of an event
Project management experience
Problem-solving skills and diplomacy
Sales and marketing skills to promote the event and attract sponsorship
The ability to manage budgets
A flexible, target-driven, proactive approach
Administrative and IT skills
Self-motivation and enthusiasm
If you have the background and skills outlined, and would relish working in a great team, please email [email protected] with your latest CV, plus a cover letter explaining why you would like to be considered for the role.